To create an AOL email address, you’ll first need to create an AOL account. You’ll need to provide some basic information like your name, gender, and date of birth. Then you’ll need to choose your desired user name and preferred password. Once you create an account, you’ll be able to start adding your contacts and adjusting your mail settings.
Setting up an AOL email account
1. Go to https://mail.aol.co.uk
2. Click on Get a Free Screen Name to go to the next page.
3. The Create your account form will appear. Here you’ll need to fill out the required information, such as name, chosen email address, birthdate, postcode, etc.
4. When choosing your password, remember to follow the security tips that appear when clicking on the password box as these will ensure that you meet the criteria for the password security.
5. Re-type your password in the Confirm password box, make sure that it is the same as the password you chose in the box above as this is letter sensitive and you won’t be able to sign up if they don’t match.
6. Choose your security question. You’ll need to choose something you can easily remember the answer to. In this instance, the user has chosen their mother’s maiden name, as it’s something they can easily remember. Please remember to follow the special notes that appear for the answer.
7. You will be asked for your mobile number and alternative email address. This is so that should you lose access to your account, you can regain it, it is highly recommended that you add both of these in order to ensure that you always have access to your account.
10. Click on Sign Up.
Congratulations! You now have your AOL account.